Over on the Canadian Solution Developer’s blog I have a series on the basics of writing secure applications. It’s a bit of an introduction to all the things we should know in order to write software that doesn’t contain too many vulnerabilities.
Obviously it’s not a series on everything you need to know about security, but hopefully it’s a starting point. My goal is to get people to at least start talking about security in their applications.
This is the series:
- Part 1: Development Security Basics
- Part 2: Vulnerability Deep Dive
- Part 3: Secure Design and Analysis in Visual Studio 2010
- Part 4: Architectural Considerations for Developing Secure Applications
- Part 5: Incident Response Management with Team Foundation Server